Boom Beach with yet another update. The biggest game changer in this update is the Shock Launcher which resembles the Shock Bomb but from a defensive structure. Not only does it have a range similar to a Rocket Launcher, it has a rapid rate of fire, enough to annoy most invaders.
The Shock Launcher comes with the requirement of having a Headquarters Level 17 so if you're not there yet, this is definitely a must get. Level 1 Shock Launcher comes with 7k health which is decent.
Other notable changes include the Submarine which allows you to explore special locations on the map for bonuses. The Submarine obviously needs to be upgraded to dive deeper and explorations cost you Gold. Keep in mind that each location allows you to only dive and explore 3 times so take your time to find the correct bonuses that you're looking for.
Lastly, worth mentioning is the new Ice landscape. If you haven't found out by now, any base that you attack in this terrain, gives you the chance of getting an Ice Shard / Crystal. If you were previously wondering why Ice Shards/ Crystals were so difficult to get, this is what has changed. Still not satisfied ? Try using your Power Powders to boost your Power Stone Chance Statues.
For more on the release notes on version 16.5.1, refer below :-
What's New in Version 16.5.1
- Hunt for treasure under the waves with a brand new Submarine!
- Find dive locations on your map, and send the Submarine to retrieve sunken treasure
Shock and Awe
- Give attackers a jolt with Shock Launcher, a new high-level defensive building
- Enemy troops in the area of effect will be temporarily stunned. Stop rushing Warriors in their tracks!
For the War Effort
- Your efforts to fight the Blackguard are now rewarded daily! More Victory Points give you a bigger reward
- Added a special victory reward for raiding the top 3 players on the global leaderboard
- An all-new daily report in the Enemy Activity pane shows the number of times your home base was scouted, attacked and raided by the enemy
- Victory reward of an enemy base is now visible as a map popup after the island has been scouted
- Player opponent's Victory Points are now visible when scouting
- Mine damage is now displayed when scouting
- A mysterious cold spell has swept across the archipelago, and ice now covers all islands in the Northern region of the map
- Ice Power Stones only appear on frozen islands
- Island graphics improved and optimized
- New Rocket Launcher graphics
- New graphics and visual tweaks for Boom Cannon and Cannon
- Machine Gun graphics and effect tweaks
- Rockets from rocket launcher and gunboat barrage now weave in-flight
The Envelope Button:
- Find out what it does HERE
- There were several loot changes made, find out what they were HERE
- Removed the frequency of PvP invasion decrease after 800 VPs
- Increased the time it takes before you can be attacked while online to 5 hours from 4 hours
- Attacking is disabled after 5 hours of total playtime within a 24 hour period (this is to stop an exploit where some players were attacking bases for the full 4 minutes, without deploying any troops, so they became un-attackable for an inflated amount of time)
- Tuned the Warrior: less damage and self-heal per hit, but more health. Also, increased cost and training time
- Reduced Medic healing speed and amount
- Shock Bomb price increased to 5 from 3
Boom Beach had recently done some balancing changes to the looting system to reduce to amount of loot that you can get per raid, as apparently there is too much resources floating around in the Boom Beach economy.Some would wonder how this could be true. The existing Boom Beach looting system is not depending on how much resources the defending party has at any time but rather how much they had when you first discovered them on your map.
This means how much resources you win, does not equate to how much your opponent loses. This is actually done so that players have an easier time planning for their upgrades, by knowing how much resources is out there for them to farm.
This also means if two friends attack keep attacking each other, the resource economy would actually grow, despite the amount of resources being the same. This
change affects us by all new discoveries on your map. For existing opponents that appeared on your map before this change, the loot will remain until you clear them off or choose to 'Find Another Opponent'.For more about this change on looting system, you can check here